The Congregational Federation encourages all their churches to have a Safeguarding Policy. Those Churches that have a policy and are committed to safe practice are issued with a Safeguarding Certificate to be displayed in their Church. This is also acknowledged on the Website and in the Year Book.
What is a 'Safe Church'?
- The Church has been visited by an Federation Safeguarding Checker
- The Checker has looked at the building and is satisfied with fire procedure, electrical testing etc.
- That the Church has carried out appropriate checks on its leadership by taking up references, holding interviews and Disclosure and Barring Checks carried out when required.
- All group activites are properly supervised and leaders have been safely recruited.
- The Church has a Safeguarding Policy which is regularly updated.
Contact Safeguarding to arrange for a safeguarding visit to your church, or if you need more information regarding policies, forms and procedures alternatively you may want to talk about an issue in your church.
If you need to discuss any Safeguarding queries or concerns please do not hesitate to contact: Mrs Lisa Vickers, Safeguarding Officer:
Telephone: 0115 911 1460
Or complete the "How can we help you?" form.
The Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre is dedicated to eradicating the sexual abuse of children. They are part of UK policing and very much about tracking and bringing offenders to account either directly or in partnership with local and international forces.