Dr Williams Library was founded using the estate of Dr Daniel Williams (1643–1716) as a theological library, intended for the use of ministers of religion, students and others studying theology, religion and ecclesiastical history.
The library opened in 1729 at Red Cross Street with its original benefaction of around 7600 books from Williams. Its site moved frequently, until the acquisition of its present home, University Hall in Gordon Square, in 1890.
The Library holds documents that might be of some interest to those who are working on their Family History. This includes:
- Nonconformist registers and records
- The Surman Index Online
- Local Histories
- Chapel Histories
For more information click the link on the right hand side.